The Clutter Barn is the thrift shop of the United Church of Underhill. It is located in the Gifford Building beside the church, right off Route 15 on Park Street in Underhill. Our season generally begins in May and ends with Harvest Market weekend in September.
We thank our community for supporting us with your donations and your purchases during the 2023 season.
We welcome volunteer workers.
For information, please contact Sharon Damkot at 899-3572 or Kathy Williamson at 899-3122.
Jump to Donation Information
Want to shop?
We will have the following Saturday sales in 2024:
- May 25, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- June 29, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- July 27, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (½ price summer clothes)
- August 31, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Both days of Harvest Market weekend: September 28, 29
Want to donate?
In 2024, the Clutter Barn will accept donations from 8:30 – noon on the following Saturdays:
May 4, 11
June 1, 8, 15
July 6, 13
August 3, 10, 17
September 7, 14
Masks are optional. Thank you for sorting your donations at home. This keeps the waiting-in-line to a minimum.
Before You Arrive
Before you donate, you are required to sort your donations.
At home, please sort and box, bag or crate your items into the following categories to speed up the drop-off process (please review the UPDATED list at the bottom of this page for items we cannot accept.):
- Toys, games and puzzles
- Clothing – grouped by infants, children and adults
- Small electronics and appliances
- Household items, glasses, dishes
- Linens and bedding
- Fabric, sewing, yarn and craft items
- Sports equipment
- Books – grouped by children/teens and adult
- Pictures and frames
- Wooden items
- Office supplies
- Holiday decorations
- Small pieces of furniture, such as chairs and tables
Dropping Off Donations
- Do not pull up in front of the Clutter Barn as in past years. No donations will be accepted at the front door. Instead, drive to Park Street. Enter church driveway on Park Street (between tan apartment building and white house).
- A volunteer will greet you. The volunteer will ask if your donations are sorted into the categories listed above. If so, the volunteer will direct you to pull forward and direct where to wait in line until it is your turn to unload. The volunteer will provide a donation receipt if you desire one.
- Patrons will unload one car at a time. Please stay in car until it is your turn to unload. If you are physically able, please assist volunteers in unloading your car.
All items must be clean and in good working order.
- clothing (baby, child and adult, all sizes):
- we accept spring and summer clothing in May, June, July
- we accept fall and winter items in August and September only
- kitchen items (pots & pans, baking pans, dishes, glasses, utensils, etc.)
- linens, towels, and curtains
- small appliances
- small electronics
- sports equipment
- office/school supplies
- greeting cards
- holiday and party decorations
- sewing, knitting, and craft supplies
- pictures and picture frames
- small furniture items
- CDs & DVDs
- artificial Christmas trees (plain and decorated)
- baby cribs
- plastic toddler potties
- building or plumbing materials
- car seats/booster seats
- clothing: underwear, lingerie, adult bathing suits, soiled or ripped clothing, men’s & women’s suits, men’s pants with pleats or cuffs
- clothing accessories: belts, men’s ties, scarves
- coat/clothes hangers
- computers and/or computer equipment (including monitors)
- fax machines
- health and beauty powders, liquid lotions that have been opened
- large appliances
- large exercise equipment
- large rugs
- large pieces of furniture
- fiberboard furniture
- magazines (including National Geographic)
- mattresses and bed frames
- microwave/convection ovens
- photocopy machines
- roof carriers, truck tops, or truck racks
- skis, boots and poles
- tires or tire rims
- VHS tapes and cassette tapes