The Clutter Barn is the thrift shop of the United Church of Underhill. It is located in the Gifford Building beside the church, right off Route 15 on Park Street in Underhill. Our season generally begins in early summer and ends with Harvest Market weekend.
We thank our community for supporting us with your donations and your purchases during the 2020 season.
Thank you for your willingness to follow safety precautions again this season (see below for updated 2021 information).
For information, please contact Sharon Damkot at 899-3572 or Kathy Williamson at 899-3122.
Jump to Donation Information
Want to shop?
We will have the following Saturday sales in 2021:
- April 24, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- June 26, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- August 28, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Both days of Harvest Market weekend: September 25, 26
Safe Shopping Details
Customers are encouraged to park in the area behind the church.
To insure the safety of our shoppers and volunteers, please observe the following:
- Face masks or other face coverings are required.
- Contact tracing information (name, phone number, time of visit) will be recorded.
- Social distancing must be maintained as much as possible both inside and out.
- Sanitizing stations will be available inside and out.
- Inside the Tents:
- To reduce concentration of customers inside the building several tents will be set up outside.
- Access to the tent area will be at the back of the Clutter Barn. Signs will identify contents of each tent.
- The number of shoppers in each tent at any one time will be monitored and limited. Observe social distancing.
- Inside the Clutter Barn:
- Enter at front door only. Exit at back door only.
- The number of shoppers inside will be monitored and limited—we ask for your patience!
- One-way foot traffic will be indicated inside the building.
- Up and down traffic on the stairway will be monitored and alternated.
- Cash-out stations will be outside behind the Clutter Barn. Bags provided or bring your own.
- Books for adults:
- Located off the premises just down the street at 379 VT Route 15 â€“ a white house with a big red barn with Starry Night painted on the doors â€“ site of the Saxon Hill Barn Sale at Harvest Market.
- This location will be open same as the Tag Sale â€“ 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. â€“ and all above-listed safety precautions will apply
Want to donate?
This summer, the Clutter Barn will not accept donations every Saturday. We will accept donations from 8:30am – noon on the following Saturdays in 2021:
- May 1, 15, 29
- June 12
- July 3, 17, 31
- August 14
- September 4, 11
Thank you, donors, for wearing masks and sharing contact information in case it is needed. Thank you for sorting your donations at home!! This keeps the waiting-in-line to a minimum.
To keep both volunteers and donors safe, we have adopted the following procedures:
Before You Arrive
Before you donate, you are required to sort your donations.
At home, please sort and box, bag or crate your items into the following categories to speed up the drop-off process (please review the UPDATED list at the bottom of this page for items we cannot accept.):
- Toys, games and puzzles
- Clothing – grouped by infants, children and adults
- Small electronics and appliances
- Household items, glasses, dishes
- Linens and bedding
- Fabric, sewing and craft items
- Books – grouped by children, adult and cookbooks
- Shoes and boots
- Pictures and frames
- Wooden items
- Office supplies
- Holiday decorations
- Small pieces of furniture, such as chairs and tables
Dropping Off Donations
- Do not pull up in front of the Clutter Barn as in past years. No donations will be accepted at the front door. Instead, drive to Park Street. Enter church driveway on Park Street (between tan apartment building and white house).
- Please wear a mask or other facial covering.
- One person per car if possible.
- When you enter the church driveway from Park Street, a masked and gloved volunteer will greet you. The volunteer will ask if your donations are sorted into the categories listed above. If so, the volunteer will direct you to pull forward and direct where to wait in line until it is your turn to unload. The volunteer will provide a donation receipt if you desire one.
- While you wait to unload, a volunteer will record contact information (name, phone number, time of arrival) in case it is needed for contact tracing.
- Patrons will unload one car at a time. Please stay in car until it is your turn to unload. If you are physically able, please assist volunteers in unloading your car. For your safety, do not touch items donated by others.
- When you finish unloading, return to your car immediately and drive past the Clutter Barn and onto Route 15.
Thank you for donating and for following these safety procedures.
All items must be clean and in good working order.
- clothing (children and adult, all sizes):
- we accept spring and summer clothing from May until July
- we accept fall and winter items in August only
- kitchen items (pots & pans, baking pans, dishes, glasses, utensils, etc.)
- linens, towels, and curtains
- small appliances
- small electronics
- sports equipment
- office/school supplies
- greeting cards
- holiday and party decorations
- sewing, knitting, and craft supplies
- pictures and picture frames
- selected furnitureÂ
- building or plumbing materials
- car seats/booster seats
- baby cribs
- coat/clothes hangers
- clothing: underwear, adult bathing suits, soiled or ripped clothing, men’s suits, men’s pants with pleats or cuffs
- accessories: belts, men’s ties, scarves
- computers and/or computer equipment (including monitors)
- photocopy machines
- fax machines
- large appliances
- large exercise equipment
- large rugs
- magazines (including National Geographic)
- microwave/convection ovens
- roof carriers, truck tops, or truck racks
- tires or tire rims
- skis, boots and poles
- artificial Christmas trees (plain and decorated)
- VHS tapes and cassette tapes
- health and beauty powders
- bed frames